Saturday, September 11, 2010

Mallory and a Water Slide

To me, this looks like it hurt. Daniel confirmed my thought when he asked, "She went back for more?" The answer, "Yeah, like a hundred times."

Today our local police force had "kids fun day." There were 10 inflatables--6 with water--free snacks, drinks, lunches, and identification kits. It was a great setup and Mallory had a lot of fun.

We received a package via priority shipping today. It is a birthday surprise for Mallory. It was addressed to her, with mine and Daniel's name as c/o. I opened it and it is something that Mallory will really like. In fact, I can already hear the other kids fighting over it. Its a great gift and I intend to save it for her party next week. However, I couldn't find a card or anything to indicate who it is from. If you know, please let me. We will want to thank them.

Last night I forgot to unplug the microwave. While I was sleeping, Mallory cooked popcorn for 15 minutes. She came into my bedroom saying, "mama the house is full of smoke." She was right, there was a huge clouds of smoke in the kitchen, living room, and dining room. No fire but the house stunk. I opened all of the windows, brought fans out of the bedrooms, turned them on, and spanked her. We again had another fire safety conversation, which ended, "we can always live at Nana's if our house burned down." I nearly spanked her again.

1 comment:

  1. The box had a return address of:
    Art and Zen of books
    3507 Prairie Ave.
    Brookfield, IL 60513

    ReplyDelete