Sunday, July 21, 2013
My Recent Adventures
Last weekend, I escaped my crazy, chaotic, and overwhelming life. Seriously, I just walked away. I spent a couple of glorious days on a secluded beach. I have never been to the beach where I couldn't see anyone else. The weather was perfect. No too hot, not too cloudy--perfect for some fun in the sun. I was totally relaxed--so much so that I really didn't feel like myself
Of course, we didn't stay at the beach the entire time...... We did a couple of activities that I have always wanted to try. Kayaking was fun. It took me a long 30 minutes but I eventually got the hang of it. Initially our experience started rough, because we went down the wrong path AND got STUCK in the mud. It took a lot of energy and at least 20-30 minutes to get back on track. Overall, I would do this again but with a tour guide and a small individual kayak.
The segway tour was awesome. I really enjoyed it. Thankfully, we received good training because I ran off the sidewalk and into the brush. Luckily, I was able to stop without hurting myself. My feet swelled the rest of the day but totally worth the experience. I would LOVE to do this again.
On my last day, my BFF # 2 (also fellow blogger--see the Sander's Family blog) met us for lunch. I always love eating and eating with her is an extra bonus!
I am so lucky to be able to relax like this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment