Saturday, March 12, 2011

Today's Fun

Today's fun was the Gate River Run in Jacksonville, FL.  We (me, Krystial, and Lealane) ran this race last year too.  All of us improved our times.  I was hoping to finish around 1:45 but ended up coming in at 1:55.  I'm satisfied that no one had to come and get me and I finished before the 2 hour mark.  However, I think I worried Lealane a little.  I was so tired that I really couldn't keep up when walking to the car.  Once we got to the car, we discovered the battery was dead.  I didn't say a word, I just laid in the grass until Lealane got someone to jump us off.  I was really tired.  My legs and knees were killing me and my stomach started cramping around mile 6. 

The best part:  obviously the end but also having my mom and Steve come.  I was so happy to have supporters.  Afterwards, we all went out to eat.   Now, I'm fixing to take a sleeping pill and go to bed.

For more pictures:  See Lealane's blog (from my blog roll), The Sander's Family

1 comment: