Not much to report this weekend. On Friday I started feeling bad. I had a sore throat, I was tired, and I started coughing (still coughing, haven't stopped yet!)
On Saturday Mallory and I decided to go to a local bakery for breakfast. We each got a chocolate covered donut and drank cold (fat free) milk with it. We spent several hours in the pool. At around 1:00 pm, we came in, ate left over pizza, and took a nap. Later, Daniel grilled steak, hamburgers, and hot dogs. I cooked french fries. It was a really good dinner and a good day.
Sunday wasn't much different from the rest. Mallory awoke early despite the late bedtime hour. Daniel got up with her and when I awoke at 8:45, breakfast was nearly done. Daniel and Mallory had cooked eggs, grits, and bacon. It was awesome! Daniel took Mallory to church and I stayed home and ran. Afterwards, I met the family at Daniel's parents' home. Our family dinner consisted of fried chicken, fresh squash, mac and cheese, corn, and rolls. It was really good. Aunt Shelley had 2 of her nieces with her so Mallory and Harlie had a great time playing with them. Luckily we all left around the same time.
When we got home, Mallory and me swam some more. Later Daniel took Mal to a friends house. When they got back, we bathed, read, and did some homework.
As per our night time ritual, we watched a movie before falling asleep.
This has been a good weekend. We had a great family time, some rest was included, and I accomplished some housework!
I hope you had a great weekend too!
It sounds like Daniel is a keeper!
ReplyDelete